Research studies from the Bayreuth University in Germany report the following results after a 6-week training programme with EMS:
- The effectiveness of EMS training is up to 18 times higher than a conventional gym work-out.
- 20 minutes of EMS training is as effective as 3 training sessions of 90 minutes of a general weight work-out.
- 88% of people tested reduced their back pain.
- Over 30% of those reported their recurring back problems had disappeared.
- 75% showed improvement with incontinence problems, while 33% of those were cured of incontinence altogether.
- Overall maximum strength ability increased by 12% while endurance/fitness levels improved by 69%.
- On average, 85% of people tested felt an improvement of their body shape and 90% ranked the EMS training method as positive.
- Training with higher intensity produced effective results, especially with subjects who suffered from recurring pain and other ailments. It also resulted in enhanced muscle definition and tone.